Let’s be honest: remote work isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. That’s why Vimeo is on a mission to help teams crush WFH with Vimeo Record, a new video messaging tool designed to boost creativity and collaboration from anywhere. Vimeo Record is a screen and webcam recorder that allows you to easily capture and instantly share video messages straight from your browser. The best part? You can record unlimited videos (for free!) and host them on Vimeo. And, it’s available right now as a free Chrome extension.
The way we work has fundamentally changed. As businesses adjust to the reality of distributed teams and time zones, it’s crucial that creators and companies stay adaptive. According to our research, employees at video-forward companies were over 70% more likely to say their company was well-equipped to keep pace with the ever-changing landscape. Those workplaces were also twice as likely to rate their collaborative environment and employee training as “excellent” — and 75% more likely to report excellent employee engagement. (Impressive, right?)
Whether you’re a newbie or a screen recording enthusiast, it’s never been easier to incorporate video messaging into your workflow. To get started, simply record your screen, webcam (or both!), and talk through your presentation, training, or feedback. And with Vimeo’s tools for teams, you can add your recordings to team folders, leave comments to keep projects moving, and check to see who’s viewed your videos.
My team is using Vimeo Record to share product demos internally and to give our customers a preview of what’s launching soon. We love it! It adds a personal touch that you just can’t replicate with email or a chatroom message.
I can definitely see video messaging becoming part of our everyday workflow at Mailchimp.”
Trevor Wolfe, Director of Product at Mailchimp
Your toolkit for collaborative remote work includes:
- NEW! Vimeo Record: Whether you’re collaborating on a project or communicating with a customer, record your screen and talk through anything. Don’t forget: it’s totally free, and available to users of any tier. Plus, Vimeo Record gives you free unlimited recordings!
- Review and feedback: Pro and above Vimeo users can collect comments on recordings from teammates and clients to streamline feedback.
- NEW! Team presence: Now you can see who on your team has viewed your video or screen recording (and when!).
- Team folders: Organize your recordings in team folders to automatically notify any folder member about new content. Pro, Plus, Business, and Premium users can set permissions and invite clients and stakeholders as viewers to specific folders.
- Showcases: Vimeo users of any tier can give their marketing assets and training videos some love by displaying them in beautiful, Netflix-like Showcases.
Why choose Vimeo?
Unlike other screen recorder tools that limit the number of recordings you can access, Vimeo Record gives you unlimited recordings for free, so your team can keep creating and collaborating. Plus, you can upload any video file and use Vimeo tools to organize, manage, and publish your videos.
But don’t just take our word for it. Read how companies of all sizes and industries are using Vimeo Record to make their workdays more efficient than ever.